Wire mesh infill panels are available in the following specifications:
- carbon steel that is e-coated and powder coated
- powder coated aluminum
- stainless steel that is hem polished to you specification
Steel Wire Mesh Infill Panels
Our welded wire mesh infill panels are constructed from .120" diameter steel wire and every second wire is welded within the steel hem. Our hems are constructed from 11-gauge steel. To ensure that all water is evacuated from the system, the bottom hem is left completely open.
The load carrying strength of wire mesh infill panels cannot be calculated, therefore, we test the complete panel design on our testing rig to ensure it passes all appropriate building codes.
For outdoor use, our wire mesh infill panels are electro-coated and also powder coated to our standard color or to architect’s specifications.
- 2” x 2” Square
- 4" x 4" Square
- 1" x 1" Square
Rectangular Wire Mesh (various patterns)
- 2" x 1" Rectangular
- 1" x 3" Rectangular
- 2" x 4" Rectangular
Aluminum Woven Wire Mesh Infill Panels for Corrosive Environments
We can make aluminum wire mesh panels, which are great for highly corrosive environments, such along the coastlines. Aluminum wire mesh must be a larger gauge than steel to meet the 50 lb. on 1 sq. ft. loading requirement. Panels cannot be anodized, since the weld marks at the corners have a different shade post anodizing than the rest of the panel and U channel. We specify .250" diameter wire with 11 gauge hems In order to meet the loading requirements.
Since aluminum is often required in Florida, it is often also specified with AAMA 2605 coatings, which are great at retaining gloss and color. Hollaender can provide Kynar coatings that meet these specifications.
In settings that do not have “high sun exposure” applications, AAMA 2604, powder coat is generally satisfactory.
Stainless Steel Infill Panels
Stainless steel infill panels are available in 304 and 316 SS. Since 316 is extremely expensive, we recommend 304 SS as an alternative. The panel construction is similar to carbon steel with .120" OD mesh, 11 gauge hems with every second wire welded to the hem.
The major difference is in coating where stainless steel hems are polished to the desired specification, with our standard recommendation being #4 satin polish. Brighter finishes are also available.
Projects Incorporating Wire Mesh Infill Panels Infill Panels
Product Data Sheets
- Interna-Light™ Illuminated Railing Product Data
- Interna-Light™ Illuminated Railing Product Data Sheet
- Interna-Rail® Railing System with Metal Infill Panels Product Data
- Speed‐Rail® Railing System with Metal or Glass Infill Panels Product Data
- VISION™ Aluminum Product Data Sheet
- VISION™ Stainless Steel Railing Product Data
- Interna-Light™ Illuminated Railing Specification (docx)
- Interna-Rail® with Aluminum Wire Mesh Infill Panels (docx)
- Interna-Rail® with Continuous Wire Mesh Infill Panels (docx)
- Interna-Rail® with Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Infill Panels (docx)
- Interna-Rail® with Steel Wire Mesh Infill Panels (docx)
- Speed-Rail® with Wire Mesh Infills (docx)
- VISION™ Aluminum with Glass Railing Specification (docx)
- Interna-Rail® 2-Line with Wire Mesh
- Interna-Rail® 3-Line with Wire Mesh
- Interna-Rail® with Diagonal Wire Mesh Infill Panels
- Interna-Rail® with Metal Infill Panels BIM
- Interna-Rail® with Square Wire Mesh Infill Panels
- Speed-Rail® with Diagonal Wire Mesh Infill Panels
- Speed-Rail® with Square Wire Mesh Infill Panels
- VISION™ Aluminum Railing Drawing